Saturday, August 9, 2008

Smack Me on the Butt and Call Me Bill PIE


Today's pie is brought to you by The Pie Guru and the letter B.


Smack Me on the Butt and Call Me Bill PIE
(I thought of this pie all on my own!!!)

This recipe will yield 2 pies. 1/2 the recipe for one or give a pie to a friend...or eat 2!

Ingredients:

2 deep dish pie crusts - regular pie crust

10 oz pecans
7 oz coconut
1/4 cup butter
1 jar caramel sauce (minimum 10 oz.)

2- 8 oz packages softened cream cheese
14 oz sweetened condensed milk

2 - 3.9 oz packages instant chocolate pudding
8 oz tub of cool whip
1 3/4 cup cold milk

1 LARGE can of spray whipped cream

Directions:

Prepare pie crust. (I buy frozen so I must bake them first)

1st Layer
Melt butter in skillet. Add pecans and coconut to toast. (stir frequently b/c coconut toasts quickly)
Spread coconut and pecan in bottom of pie crust. Top with caramel sauce - A LOT!

2nd Layer
Use mixer to combine 2 packages of softened cream cheese and 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth.
Spread mixture on top of pecan layer.

3rd Layer
Use mixer to combine 2 packages of instant pudding and 1 3/4 cup cold milk. When smooth, fold in 8 oz cool whip until well blended.
Spread chocolate mixture on top of cream cheese layer.

REFRIGERATE for at least four hours.

Top with Reddi Whip right before serving. Sprinkle pecans on top for prettiness!
Get a glass of milk and eat my pie!!!

Special notes: Jess - 4 hours...hear that?! 4 hours!! Patience my child! ;) Rach - you can leave out the coconut. Cindy and nut haters - substitute with other nuts or styrofoam peanuts!

16 comments:

Cindy Motz said...

LOL! I love the title! This pie looks wicked awesome, can't wait to try it!

Cindy Motz said...

Oh I just saw my special instructions...LMAO! Styrafoam peanuts? I'll be sure to try that! :) Oh I don't hate nuts all together, just traditional pecan pie. I might be able to handle these nuts. *grin* I'm a girl who can handle nuts in moderation!

Leslie said...

Yum! I can't wait to try it!

Rachel Hope said...

The Pie Guru Speaks! I love that she can read my mind and know I was calculating the results of leaving out the Coco Nut ;) YOU ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Pure decadence! I can't wait to make it.

Maggie

Kris said...

sounds faboo! I'm all over this tomorrow!!! :) I anticipated the cream cheese but not the chocolate pudding so i'll have to go back to the store for that one!! :)

Stacy said...

NUTS!!!! Mmmm luff me some NUTS!!! I can't wait to try this out and eat some of your PIE!!!

Anonymous said...

Dang Amanda!! That looks like some "smack me on the butt and it's gonna jiggle" pie!!! Your are DA GURU SUPREME!

Jackie G

Tracy H said...

WOOOHOOO!!! This looks AWESOME BILL!!

I'm soooo gonna be in a sugar coma when I try this one.

MMMMMMMMMM I luff pecans! And you even provided Reddi Whip on the first pie? I think I'm gonna cry!!! *sob*

Kimberly said...

YUMMO and LOL on the styrofoam peanuts! We are going to the store after lunch so I will make it later tonight.

Kris said...

I made this pie today and Brian says the Pie Gauntlet has been thrown down. He does not believe another pie will be able to challenge the greatness of THIS pie. I can't wait two weeks to find out what's next!

YUMMOLICIOUS PIE GURU BILL! You Rock!

ALK said...

WOW - Am I allowed to try this pie out even if I'm not a LOSTIE? Sounds rich and fabulous!

Jane said...

Holy caramell!!!
What a debut recipe!!! I am gonna try this one when i've landed after my vaca! I am not a fan of caramell, though, but i'm sure someone in my life is.....lol or else i'll just have to take it out on the street and feed it to strangers....lol j/k

Suzanne said...

Ed agreed to try this, so I'll be shopping for ingredients and baking tomorrow! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

Jessica said...

Bill, I've come to the conclusion that my life officially started today, because I was not truly living until I had tasted this pie. Thank you for introducing me to all that is good and holy in this world. You have truly provided a pie that will be hard to top!

Shane H. said...

Had a sugar coma...no more sugar coma {said in sad whinny voice}...

Make Rhubarb...happy boy...

...and Tracy was smacked and called Bill often!

{snicker, wink, eyes rolled up in head passed out}