I am doing my sister's recipe of Blueberry Peaches and Cream Pie. I think this is her best dessert recipe. I have served it hot, but I actually think that I prefer it cold. If your grocery store does not carry Shortbread pie crusts, you can substitute it with a Graham Cracker crust. It is also good with just peaches or just blueberries, and I bet it would still be good with another fruit.
Blueberry Peaches and Cream Pie by Karin Calloway
- 1 9-inch shortbread pie crust
- 1 cup regular or reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup blueberries, washed and dried well
- 1 cup peaches, peeled and sliced (about 3 medium peaches)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup self-rising or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
While the pie bakes, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly.
After 25 minutes, sprinkle the streusel topping over the pie and return to the oven. Bake 10 minutes, or until browned.
Makes 1 9-inch pie.