Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Presidential Peanut Butter Creme Pie

Today's Pie Guru is Cindy from Island Stamper. I can't tell you how much I love her for posting a peanut butter pie, I am going to have to wreck my diet a bit, because I NEED this pie!


Presidential Peanut Butter Cream Pie!
(Just in time for the inauguration!)


Peanut Butter Cream Pie is popular in this area at local restaurants, especially Amish owned restaurants. Here it is served as a cream pie, and no local restaurant that I know makes it with any kind of chocolate. This is how I have always had it, and is my preference. You can make it with either a graham cracker crust or a pastry crust, I prefer a pastry crust. Now, if you can wait, I really, really, recommend letting this stay in a fridge for a day. It doesn't take long to set up, but it is so much better the next day!


Ingredients:
8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2/3 cup smooth peanut butter
1 - 8 ounce tub of Cool Whip, divided
1 - 9 inch prepared pie crust, pastry of graham cracker




Directions:
Whip the cream cheese until soft and fluffy. Beat in sugar and peanut butter. Fold in one cup of the Cool Whip into the peanut butter mixture. Pour and spread the filling into your prepared pie crust. Spread the rest of the Cool Whip on top of the peanut butter filling. Chill until firm, or overnight.

No comments: